Monday, January 10, 2011

Guest Post: 3 B's...Baseball, Baking & Books

Well...my vacation is over.


We arrived home last night and are trying to get settled back into the daily grind.


The Hubble is back and work and Little Butt are still trying to figure out what we are supposed to do every day.


I am not quite ready to jump back in here at Jolts & Jollies so I have one last guest blogger for you!


Today I am introducing you to Ingrid! Unless you already know her of course.


Ingrid is my last (but absolutely not my least) guest blogger.


Ingrid is my sister in procrastination to be sure.


In fact, I had almost written her off as a lost cause...but she was able to take time out of her insanely busy schedule to share a recipe with us. And boy am I glad she found the time! Today's recipe looks amazing!


Even though I think she was trying to get back at me for taking a month to send her some apple butter, I still love the lady and you will too once you check out her blog and get to know her.


Thanks for sharing this recipe with us Ingrid! I know your schedule the last couple months has been crazy and you haven't had time to blog on your own blog. You are an amazing person and friend.


So. Without further ado. Heeeeeeere's Ingrid!


Hi!  I’m Ingrid from 3B’s….Baseball, Baking, & Books!  Before I share my recipe with you I’d like to thank Maranda for having me here on Jolts & Jollies!  I’d like also like to thank her for her patience with me.  :)  Thanks, Manna!




I had a really difficult time choosing what to make and blog about for Maranda.  During the craziness that was my December I worked on a few posts but none seemed right.  It wasn’t until my boys started bugging me about making them a cinnamon roll cake that it dawned on me.  I need to share my love of  easy, family friendly desserts with you and what better one than this cinnamon roll cake. This recipe gets top marks for quick and easy from me and the cinnamony sugary “filling” gets two thumbs up from my family and friends!





Cinnamon Roll Cake
By 3B’s….Baseball, Baking, & Books


Cake Ingredients:

  • 1 Yellow Cake Mix 
  • 4 eggs, room temperature
  • 3/4 cup oil 
  • 1 cup sour cream, room temperature

“Filling” Ingredients:

  • 1 cup brown sugar 
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon 

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9x13 pan. 
  2. Mix cake ingredients by hand and pour in greased baking pan. 
  3. Mix the filling ingredients and sprinkle over cake batter. (It should cover the top of the batter.) 
  4. Swirl the “filling” into batter with knife. (The batter is thick & you’ll need to use a little elbow grease.) 
  5. Bake for 40 minutes. (Mine was done in 30 minutes.)  
  6. Let cake cool 10 – 15 minutes before icing.

Icing:

  • 2 cups powdered sugar 
  • 4 Tbsp milk (I used heavy cream and had to add more to get the consistency I needed.)
Mix & pour over warm cake.




Related Posts with Thumbnails