Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guest Blogger Recap

I don't know about you and your holidays...but mine were a bit crazy.

What with traveling about 6,000 miles over the course of 3 weeks, I can't say I found a ton of time for the computer.

How about you? Did you have much computer time over the last month or so?

I didn't think so. ;-p

Since I had so many amazing and talented bloggers grace the pages of my little site, I don't want them to have been missed due to the hustle and bustle of the craziest season of the year.

Therefore, it is my privilege to provide you a little recap of the scrumptious treats you may or may not have missed.

Next week, I'll be back to share some of the recipes I made before I took off...and maybe I'll even start cooking again!

So here we go with the recap:


We kicked off the season with Sarah from Life is Still Sweet. Sarah made us these ooey gooey walnut chews. Well...she actually made them for Santa...but I won't tell that she ate half the tray on her own.


Next up, we were tempted with these fluffy homemade marshmallows from Katie at gdk. Katie topped this decadent chocolate cake with her marshmallows. This technique will get anyone drooling.


I felt like the luckiest girl in the world when I was able to meet miss Monica from Lick the Bowl Good. I was over the moon when I was then able to feature her coffee chocolate chip muffins, as I'm sure you were when you saw this mouthwatering recipe!


Next, we had oreo truffle balls from Kendra at Uncork & Unwined. These bite sized balls of oreo heaven are perfect for parties...or get togethers...or dinner parties...or just because.


Then we had Jessica from The Tale of Two Kitchens with a healthy, light and luck filled black eyed pea salad. Apparently, eating black eye peas on new years day is supposed to give you luck for the rest of the year. Who knew??? This salad is full of fresh vegetables and a little heat from the jalapeno addition. I think the lucky part is being able to enjoy such a delicious, yet good for you, salad.


Switching things up a bit...we had Julie from Mommie Cooks provide us with a recipe for hot buttered rum. Please SOMEONE tell me I'm not the only one who thinks of Harry Potter whenever I see this recipe?? The amazing thing about Julie is that she loves to give kid friendly options to "adult" recipes. Whip up this hot drink in place of hot chocolate on a cold, snowy day...then add the rum for your "nerves." ;-)


And finally, there was Ingrid from 3 B's...baseball, baking and books with this cinnamon roll cake. I have already had a couple friends make this cake since Ingrid shared it with us on Monday and it has been met with rave reviews. Even if you don't eat this cake, just make it...it makes your house smell delicious!

Thanks so much to all of you guest bloggers for sharing your recipes and hearts with us.

And thank you, dear reader, for taking the time to visit my little site and give so much love to me and all these amazingly talented women.
Related Posts with Thumbnails