I love chicken. I really do. It's versatile. Delicious. Relatively low fat. But sometimes I just get super bored with the same old recipes over and over again. I mean, how many days in a row can you eat chicken? Therefore, I'm always on the lookout for new chicken dishes. I ran across this chicken recipe while browsing through one of my beloved Cooking Light magazines and I had to try it. What even more amazing than the flavor of this recipe is the fact that it only has 5 ingredients! What?!?! That's awesome!
So I gave it a go and was pleasantly surprised. The flavor is smoky, sweet, spicy and tangy all at the same time. If you are interested here we go:
Ingredients: fresh lime, low sodium soy sauce, honey, chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and boneless skinless chicken thighs.
Begin by squeezing the heck out of the limes until you have about a quarter cup of juice.
Add the soy sauce...
And the honey.
Then mince up your chipotle peppers until you have about 2 Tablespoons...
Then dump those into the sauce mixture and stir it all up.
Pour it over the chicken and allow it to marinate for about 10 minutes at room temperature.
Now take the marinated chicken out of the sauce (reserving the sauce) and place it on a greased roasting pan. Toss it in the oven for about 15 minutes.
While the chicken is baking, toss the reserved sauce into a blender....
And puree it reeeeaaaaalll good.
After 15 minutes, take the chicken out of the oven and baste it with the sauce. Place it back in the oven for 10 minutes. After that 10 minutes, take it back out of the oven and baste again. Place back in the oven for a final 10 minutes.
Take the chicken out of the oven...serve and enjoy! I served mine with black beans and Spanish rice. Yum!!
Latin Baked Chicken
Adapted from Cooking Light
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons chipotle chile in adobo sauce; minced
- 8 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey and chipotle peppers in large bowl.
- Add chicken, toss well to coat. Allow to stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place marinated chicken in greased roasting pan; reserve marinade.
- Bake chicken at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, place reserved marinade in blender and puree until smooth.
- Remove chicken from oven, baste with reserved marinade, return chicken to oven for 10 minutes. Repeat removal and basting method. Return chicken to oven for a final 10 minutes of baking.
- Remove chicken from oven. Serve. And enjoy!