Thursday, February 2, 2012

Cooking With Kikkoman ~ Crispy Salmon Salad


As much as I try to be, I'm just not really a fish person.

I think fish looks fantastic! I truly do.

I drool over snapper and I think tilapia looks amazing...but when I taste it, I'm always left less than impressed.

However, you give me a juicy slab of salmon and I'm in heaven.

I don't know what it is about salmon that gets my blood pumping...but it does.

Recently, I was contacted by the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program and offered a box of Kikkoman's new Kara-Age seasoning mix.

I immediately knew EXACTLY what I would do with that mix. A salmon salad of course!!

This salad is a bit sweet and a bit salty. The texture is soft and crunchy. And the temperature is both cool and warm.

I love it when a dish contains this many contradictions!

The palette is both confused and excited. Every taste bud experiences a new surprise.

Let me just put it in simple terms. This salad was GEWD!

Here's how you can make it!


Grab your Kikkoman Kara-Age coating mix. I also used this Kikkoman teriyaki sauce.


Take some slightly damp salmon fillets and evenly coat them in the Kara-Age mix.


Heat about an inch of peanut oil in a large skillet and cook up the salmon until lightly browned on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.


Place the salmon atop a bed of spring greens and baby spinach. Adorn with grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. And lightly drizzle with the teriyaki sauce (a little goes a loooong way here so be careful).

Serve and enjoy!!

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a box of Kikkoman Kara-Age Soy-Ginger Seasoning mix.






Crispy Salmon Salad


Printer Friendly Version


Ingredients:

  • 1 packet Kikkoman Kara-Age Soy-Ginger coating mix.
  • 4-5 salmon fillets
  • 4-5 cups of spring greens and baby spinach 
  • Peanut oil, enough for an inch in the pan
  • Grape tomatoes
  • Toasted sesame seeds
  • Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce & Marinade
Directions:
  1. Heat 1 inch peanut oil in large pan over medium heat.
  2. Coat damp salmon with Kara-Age coating mix.
  3. Cook salmon in oil until golden brown, crispy, and cooked through. About 2-3 minutes per side. Allow to cool.
  4. Place salmon atop a bed of spring greens and baby spinach. Adorn with grape tomatoes. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds. And lightly drizzle with the teriyaki sauce (a little goes a loooong way here so be careful).
  5. Serve and enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails