Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Chicken Curry Soup



Hi there!

Well, I was going to post a cake today...yes, I'm still going to post cakes from time to time...just not ALL the time!

Anyway, I was going to post a cake today but have changed my mind for 2 reasons.

1) We had a crazy storm last night that woke up me and the kids. Now it's a dreary, rainy day and that always is good weather for soup.

2) I can't find the pictures of the completed and plated cake. Hmmmm... Do not lose hope though! I'm still looking!


I'm definitely still fighting with my head about what this blog was and what I would like it to be.

My header is a bunch of cakes. I am a baker. I love to bake. But if my friends and family can't look at the blog because that's ALL I post, then the blog is worth nothing to me.

I am working on my own weight loss. I have lost almost 12 pounds so far. People keep asking me how I'm doing it.

Yes, I am trying to make healthier decisions, but I'm also participating in the Body by Vi 90 Day Challenge!

You would think that a food blogger would be crazy against meal replacement shakes. But these are so good and there are hundreds of recipes so I actually feel like I'm indulging instead of denying. I mean, how many people can say they had German Chocolate Cake for breakfast and it wasn't cheating?? LOL!!


Even though I'm currently replacing breakfast and lunch, I still love to focus on having a delicious dinner.

One of my ultimate favorite recipes that I make is this chicken curry soup. I got this recipe from My Friend The Chef. I learned so much from her during my time in Middle of Nowhere, Missouri. I am so grateful to have met most of the ladies there, but her in particular.

My favorite part of this recipe is the potato in the soup. Nice curry flavored potatoes. YUM!

This recipe is super easy! You throw the stuff in a pot and let it boil. Serve it over brown rice and enjoy!

Can't really get much simpler can I??

I highly suggest you run out today (if there aren't any floods in your area) and grab the stuff to make this tonight. Looking at these pictures and thinking of this soup, I may have to brave the floods and do the same! Mmmmmm....soup....


Chicken Curry Soup

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
  • 3 large carrots, cut in 1 inch slices
  • 2-3 large potatoes, diced in 1 inch pieces
  • 1 large onion, cut in half then quartered
  • 1-2 quarts chicken stock
  • 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
  • 2 heaping Tablespoons yellow curry 
  • water, if needed
  • Brown rice, for serving
Directions:
  1. Place all ingredients in large pot.
  2. If not fully covered with chicken stock, add water until ingredients are fully submerged.
  3. Turn heat to high and bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and allow to boil until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through.
  4. Serve over brown rice.
  5. Enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails