If you know me, you know that I am not really a vegetable person.
In fact, for a time, I refused to eat anything green. Or blue...but that's a different story.
I have come to realize lately that my claim of despising veggies is not really accurate.
I happen to really enjoy veggies...as long as they are made properly.
If you roast a vegetable, I am all in!!
I have tried tossing my broccoli in bread crumbs before I roast it, so I decided one day to throw some brussels sprouts in there too. This is now my favorite way to eat them!
And they are SOOOO easy!!
These veggies make a great side dish or an awesome afternoon snack.
Toss your florets and sprouts in some olive oil, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.
Place the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast them up!
Serve and enjoy!!!
You can't get better, or easier, than that!!!
Crispy Roasted Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts
Printer Friendly Version
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- 3 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss broccoli and brussels sprouts in olive oil until well coated.
- In a separate, small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Add mixture to vegetables and toss to coat.
- Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Place in oven and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and edges are starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!!