Monday, May 2, 2011

Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


I'm baaaaaaa-aaaaaack. {insert horror movie theme here}

Didn't you miss me???

I missed you!

A LOT!!

I want to thank all the wonderful bloggers who helped me out over the last two weeks. I also want to say hi to all my new followers. ::waves enthusiastically:: HI!!!!!

I'm in Texas now and loving it so far. Although, it's been crazy hot here until today. I had to go buy a bunch of new clothes because all I owned were jeans.

Now I am fully equipped for the warm weather with shorts and capris. Of course, today it's 57 degrees...but what can you do???

We are almost fully unpacked. We just have to unpack our library really. And our library is pretty extensive. We have our DVDs unpacked but we have tons of boxes of CDs and, of course, books.

I've used my brand new kitchen a number of times and I'm really loving the fact that I have a gas stove top now instead of electric. Woohoo!! There's nothing better for a foodie than a gas stove...am I right or am I right??

Anyway. Let's talk about cravings. Since I'm getting more and more huge by the hour (I'm 6 months pregnant now) I figure it's time for me to talk about the crazy cravings.

Honestly, I haven't had any that are too strange...although some are strange for me. Such as the milk thing. Seriously, I go through a gallon of milk (by myself!) about every 3 days. And usually I only have milk with my cereal. But I just can't get enough of that cold, white liquid. Just writing about it is making me crave it pretty bad...too bad I'm out of it right now. (An H.E.B trip is in my very near future)

Before I left Missouri I wanted cookies. Not just any cookies, I wanted oatmeal cookies. And we all know how I feel about oatmeal cookies right??

The oatmeal cookies I wanted needed to be soft and chewy and heavy on the cinnamon flavor. The Hubble looked at me like I was crazy when he came home and found that I had made these cinnamon oatmeal raisin cookies. He wouldn't touch them. That's okay. More for me!

These turned out just about exactly like I wanted! Though I thought they could be a tad bit more spicy (maybe I should have added ground cinnamon as well??)

I hope you won't look at me as crazy as The Hubble did for these cookies. And I hope you give them a try. At least if someone else tries them and likes them I would know that it's not just me being a crazy preggo lady. ;-)

So here they are, the best oatmeal raisin cookie I've ever made!


Grab your ingredients: flour, oats, baking soda, salt, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla, butter, eggs, raisins, cinnamon chips, honey, whole nutmeg and chopped walnuts if you like.


Whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and freshly grated nutmeg.


Then cream together the sugars and butter.


Add in the vanilla and honey.


Then the eggs.


Now the flour mixture.


And stir in the oats, cinnamon chips, raisins and nuts.


Bake them up until golden then let them cool on a rack.


Serve them by the plate full...


Or with a COLD glass of milk. Oh yeah baby! Enjoy!!

Cinnamon Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cup unbleached all purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 cup brown sugar (I used 1/2 cup dark and 1/2 cup light)
  • 2 Tablespoons honey
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 large eggs
  • 3 cups old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 cup cinnamon chips
  • 1 1/2 cups raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt and nutmeg. Set aside.
  3. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium high speed, cream together butter, granulated and brown sugars until fluffy; about 3 minutes.
  4. Add honey and vanilla until combined.
  5. Mix in eggs, one at a time, scraping down sides of bowl after each addition.
  6. Mix in flour mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary until just combined.
  7. Stir in oats, cinnamon chips, raisins and walnuts until just combined.
  8. Drop in teaspoon sized balls onto a baking sheet and bake until golden brown, 18-20 minutes.
  9. Let cool on baking sheet for a couple minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
  10. Serve with a glass of ice cold milk and enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails