One thing about being in the military environment is that you have the ability to make friends fairly easily and in many parts of the country and world for that matter.
Not only that but when you have varying interests other friends tend to recommend their friends to you! LOL! Did that just make any sense at all??
Let me try to break it down a bit more. My friend S knows that I love to cook. She has a friend, Schnookiemuffin, who loves to cook and homestead. So S introduced us through Livejournal and Facebook.
One day Schnookiemuffin posted a picture of some of the rum peaches she had just canned. I immediately had to have some. Luckily, she sent me four jars of those wonderful rum peaches!!
As soon as the peaches arrived I tore into the box and was extremely excited to have them. Then reality set in. What do I do with four jars of rum peaches??
Well, my thought was to make rum drunk peach pie. But the jars weren't enough to fill a whole pie. So I made pie pockets instead. Here's how:
Ingredients: 2 jars rum peaches (about 5 or 6 regular peaches), brown sugar, flour, salt, sugar, nutmeg and one recipe pie crust.
Start by slicing all your peaches and tossing them into a bowl.
Toss in your brown sugar, sugar, flour, salt and nutmeg.
And mix it all up.
Take your pie crust and roll it out in two large circles. Place one each on a baking sheet.
Place half of the peach mixture in the middle of each pie crust.
Fold up the edges of the crust around the peach mixture, like a little pocket.
Top with a few pats of butter.
Then throw in the oven and bake until they are a nice golden brown.
Slice them up like a pizza...serve and enjoy!
Rum Drunk Peach Pie Pockets
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman's Flat Apple Pie
- 2 jars rum peaches (5 or 6 regular peaches)
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe pie crust
- A few pats of butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice rum peaches (if using regular peel and slice).
- In large bowl mix peaches, flour, sugar, brown sugar and salt. (If using regular peaches add a Tablespoon of lemon juice and set aside about 30 minutes.
- Roll pie crust into two large circles, place each pie crust on a separate baking sheet.
- Place half of peach mixture on each pie crust.
- Fold edges over peach mixture; top with pats of butter.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice like pizza, serve and enjoy!