Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Pumpkin Ale Sweet Beer Bread



Happy October!!!!!

I can't say I'm sad to see September go. Between celebrating my 10 year wedding anniversary without The Hubble, getting sick for 2 weeks, and getting my wisdom teeth pulled, I believe it's high time to move on!

October is probably my favorite month of the whole year.

We kick off into my favorite season. We get to make all things PUMPKIN!! Football starts. We start heading into the holidays. The weather cools.


Pumpkin coffee. Pumpkin creamer. Pumpkin mug.

Ummm...can you tell I like pumpkin a little bit??

I like pumpkin so much that when I saw Pumpkin Ale on sale in early September I grabbed a 6-pack.

Now, I had never tried Pumpkin Ale so I was super excited. However, upon trying it, I can't say I'm going to be drinking much more of the sweet Ale. I'm more of a Sam Adams/Bass kind of girl.

Luckily, I had also bought Southern Living's Best Fall Baking magazine. As I was flipping through it, I found a super simple recipe for sweet beer bread.

I have wanted to try beer bread for a while and I figured that the Pumpkin Ale was just the beer I should use!!

I ended up making 4 loaves of this bread in 2 days...it was that good.

Do y'all remember the ice cream bread?? Remember how crazy easy it was? Yeah...this is the same gist.

The bread was like a sweet cornbread. I enjoyed the first loaf with some butter spread on it. But I think it would be amazing with some sharp cheddar, bacon, and tomato slices. Mmmmmm....

Maybe I need to make this again.

Let's bake!


Grab your bottle of pumpkin ale.


Stir together your flour, sugar, and beer.


Pour the batter into a prepared loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes.


Pour the melted butter over the loaf of bread. Bake for another 10 minutes. Allow to cool completely.

Can you believe that's it???


Slice, serve, and enjoy!!

Pumpkin Ale Sweet Beer Bread
Adapted from Southern Living

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups self rising flour
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 (12 ounce) bottle Pumpkin Ale (or other beer of choice)
  • 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, and beer.
  3. Pour batter into loaf pan.
  4. Bake for 45 minutes. 
  5. Pour melted butter over the top of the bread.
  6. Bake for another 10 minutes.
  7. Allow bread to cool completely in the pan.
  8. Slice, serve, and enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails