Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chunky Monkey Birthday (Baby N's First Birthday)



See that guy? He's one now!! I can hardly believe that an entire year has passed since this little guy came to us.


He even opened his own presents!! He's such  big boy!


For his birthday, I made this monkey cake (I know the picture quality isn't great, sorry). The inside was this chocolate cake.


I also made Baby N his own individual cake. It was a 6 inch banana cake with chocolate chunks in it. I loosely used this tutorial to make the cake.


I had a bunch of batter from the little cake leftover that I also made banana chocolate chunk cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting. (I'll blog these soon)


At first, Baby N was scared of his cake. But I put some frosting from it in his mouth and he got over his fear quickly.


He liked it so much, in fact...


That he ended up wearing it!


I would definitely say he enjoyed himself! Happy birthday my big boy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails