I am writing to you from my spanking new computer!!
Do you feel different?? I do! It's so sleek and pretty.
In case you are wondering, I got an HP Envy14 with an i5 processor. His name is Zelos and we were made for each other!
He came all the way from Shanghai China just to be with me. It was meant to be.
Anyway, enough about me and my new beloved.
Let's talk about you. Let's talk about the giveaway I recently hosted. This giveaway was pretty easy to figure out the winners. Only 2 people entered in the giveaway correctly so those are the 2 winners!
Amy Beth Marantino and Avril!!
Please send me your addresses ladies. You can email me at mannadonn[AT]msn[DOT]com
Now, onto the biscuits!
My Baby Sis started staying with me recently and she loves breakfast. But what she REALLY loves for breakfast is savory foods. So, whereas I make pancakes, she makes eggs with sausage and veggies.
She decided one day that it would be awesome for us to have some biscuits with our biscuits so I quickly set about to finding us a recipe.
My Baby Sis was doing great making the biscuits, until she started cutting the butter into the flour that is. I ended up taking over and making the biscuits myself. Now she teases me constantly and says I refuse to let her bake anything. (We won't mention how I took over the next thing she tried to bake either)
So we made biscuits. And they were good!
They were flaky and buttery yet dense and moist all at the same time.
The best part about these biscuits though?? Not having to wait for yeast to rise! These biscuits are quick and easy and can be whipped up any morning while you are making your savory breakfast.
Whisk together your dry ingredients.
Then mix up your butter and buttermilk. Combine with the dry ingredients.
Drop the biscuits onto a parchment lined baking sheet. At this point the recipe said to bake them THEN brush with butter...but I didn't read the recipe right so I brushed them with butter BEFORE I baked them.
Either way. Bake these babies up until they are golden brown and crispy.
Smother with jam, serve, and enjoy!!
Easy Buttermilk Drop Biscuits
Adapted from Lick The Bowl Good
Printer Friendly Version
- 2 cup unbleached, all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled, plus 2 Tablespoons, melted, for brushing on biscuits
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine buttermilk and butter.
- Pour butter mixture over dry ingredients and mix with a rubber spoon until just combined and dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl.
- Using a greased 1/4 cup measurement, measure and drop dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Space dough about 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake biscuits until tops are golden brown and crisp, about 12 to 14 minutes.
- Brush biscuits with remaining 2 Tablespoons melted butter (I did this step before baking), remove biscuits to wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- Serve and enjoy!