Did you have a nice Christmas? I did!
I took last week off from blogging to spend some time with my family.
It was wonderful.
Did you get any great presents?? I got an ice cream maker!! I'm so excited! Now I just need to get a recipe book for it.
So what was your favorite present this year???
Now that we are looking to the New Year, I've started thinking a lot about my health and losing weight again now that Baby N is a little older and gives me some time to do anything but feed him.
I've also been thinking about this blog a lot. I had a friend tell me that she doesn't look at my blog anymore because she was trying to lose weight and everything I was posting was so unhealthy.
When did this happen? When did I let go of the healthy, fitness crazed person I was?
No matter when it happened, it's time to get it back.
So that is your warning. I'm looking to overhaul this blog and try to make it more health minded.
Sure, I will have cakes. After all, I love to bake. But they may not be every day anymore.
With that being said, I do still have a few treats to post still. Including the most obnoxious cake in all of the land.
Today though, I'm bringing you something a bit more healthy. I figure you all are either tired of turkey and ready to move on, or you can use any leftover turkey you have in this recipe if you so desire.
A while back I made these buffalo chicken enchiladas. I love that whole wheat tortillas were used in the making of this dish.
I never post about the healthy changes I make to the recipes I create. But luckily, this one I had to change nothing, except the cheese. The original recipe calls for gorgonzola on top but I don't dig on that so I used more monterey jack cheese.
These were the perfect combination of two of my favorite foods. Enchiladas. And buffalo wings.
They were spicy and cheesy. The cilantro gave a fresh flavor. They were gooey and delicious. Don't believe me? Go make them yourself!
Mix together your enchilada and buffalo wing sauces. Then add together the chicken, some cheese, the onions, and some of the sauce mixture.
Drizzle some sauce into the bottom of your baking dish.
Fill each tortilla with the chicken mixture and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Finish filling the tortillas until the mixture and tortillas are all used up.
Top the enchiladas with some sauce and cheese then bake it up baby!
Immediately after removing from the oven, top with the remaining cheese and cilantro. Let stand about 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!!
Buffalo Chicken Enchiladas
Adapted from How Sweet It Is
Printer Friendly Version
- 8 large whole wheat tortillas
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (or more, depending on desired heat)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the enchilada and buffalo wing sauces. Start with 1/4 cup of the buffalo wing sauce, taste, and add until desired taste and heat are achieved.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken, green onions, 1/2 cup cheese, and 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture. Mix until well coated and fully combined.
- Drizzle a bit of the sauce mixture into the bottom of the baking sheet.
- Place a few heaping tablespoons of the chicken mixture into each tortilla. Roll the tortilla over the filling and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until all tortillas and filling are used.
- Pour another 1/2 cup of the sauce mixture over the enchiladas.
- Top with another 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Immediately after removing from the oven, top with the remaining cheese and the cilantro.
- Let stand about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!!