Reading the name of this treat I'm sharing with you today, you may be thinking that my crazy pregnancy taste buds have completely taken over!
And maybe that's where this all started...
But I assure you, non-pregnant people have enjoyed this bread probably more than I have.
That's not to say I didn't enjoy this bread. But my poor mother seemed to be awfully obsessed with the stuff. She talked about it for days.
The bread is moist and sweet with the perfect amount of banana flavor. But the smoky, salty flavor of the bacon is a welcome surprise.
Honestly, I'm not crazy!
Well...maybe that's going a little far.
But it's not crazy taste buds!
If you are skeptical, I suggest you try this. I'll bet you will be a convert within 2 bites.
Let's get baking!
Whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
Cream together the butter and sugar.
Add in the banana, milk, sour cream and egg whites. Mix until well combined.
Mix in the maple syrup.
Add the dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
Stir in the bacon pieces.
Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake about an hour.
The cooling time depends on your will power here. But slice it up when it's cool enough, serve and enjoy!!
Maple Brown Sugar Bacon Banana BreadHeavily Adapted From Cooking Light
Printer Friendly Version
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 slices maple bacon, cooked, cooled and roughly chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add banana, sour cream, egg, and milk to butter and sugar mixture, mix until well blended.
- Stir in maple syrup.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, blend until fully combined.
- Stir in the bacon pieces.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack in pan 10-15 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on cooling rack.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!