Thursday, June 2, 2011

Curried Pork Chops with Mango Salsa


I see to be on a pork kick lately it seems.

I don't usually eat a lot of pork, but I guess this baby really likes the stuff.

A few months ago, my friend The Chef introduced me to the deliciousness that is curry powder.

Ever since then, I've been trying to find things to make using curry.

Pork is one of the perfect meats to put curry powder on.

And hey...luckily I've been loving pork lately anyway right??

I have to tell you that pairing the slightly sweet and spicy curried pork chops with a cool mango salsa with avocado for creaminess really satisfied all of my cravings.

I thought I couldn't get any better than the sweet apple and onion stuffed pork chops...but boy was I wrong.

I honestly can't decide which pork dish was better. So...my suggestion to you is to make both meals, then come back and let me know which one you liked better!

Let me tell you how to make these. Let's cook!


Start by sprinkling the curry powder evenly over the pork chops.


Toss them in a large freezer bag and pour in the fish sauce. Mix up well until the pork chops are well coated. Seal and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.


When ready, place pork chops in a large skillet over medium high heat. Sear each side for about 5 minutes each.


Pour the coconut milk over the pork chops, reduce the heat, cover and cook them up until cooked through.

While the pork chops are simmering in that lovely coconut milk, throw together the salsa.


When the chops are fully cooked, place on a plate, pour some of the juice from the skillet over the pork chops. Top with the mango salsa. Serve with buttered peas and saffron basmati rice with almond slices and golden raisins.

Enjoy!!!


Curried Pork Chops with Mango Salsa

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

For the pork chops

  • 6 boneless pork tenderloin chops
  • 1 Tablespoon curry powder
  • 4 Tablespoons fish sauce
  • 1/2 cup coconut milk
For the mango salsa
  • 1 medium tomato, diced
  • 1 mango, skinned and diced
  • 1 avocado, pitted, skinned and diced
  • 1-2 jalapenos, diced
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
  • 1 small lime, juiced
Directions:
  1. Sprinkle the curry powder evenly over the pork chops.
  2. Transfer the chops into a large freezer bag. Pour in the fish sauce, close the bag and shake until the chops are well coated with the powder and sauce.
  3. Place in the refrigerator to marinate for 2-3 hours.
  4. After marinating, remove the pork chops and place them in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  5. Pan sear each side of the pork chops until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
  6. Pour the coconut milk over the top of the pork chops. Reduce heat to medium low and cover. Cook the pork chops, covered, about 15-20 minutes more, flipping the pork chops halfway through cooking time.
  7. While the pork chops are cooking, mix all the ingredients for the mango salsa in a medium mixing bowl.
  8. Serve pork chops with the extra juice from the skillet and topped with the mango salsa. 
  9. Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails