Monday, April 18, 2011

Guest Post: Baking and Creating with Avril

This week we are packing up the U-Haul and heading down to Texas! I'm so excited to finally be taking the next step in our lives/The Hubble's career. That being said, I've asked a few bloggers to help me out and keep you all drooling while I'm taking these steps.

The first blogger I have to present to you all is the lovely Avril! Avril is just amazing. She always has fabulous treats on her blog. AND she had a new baby recently! So share some lovin' for Avril and don't forget to head over and check out her blog after you check out this  dessert she has for us today. 

I'm seriously going to need a pan of these as soon as I unpack my forks!


Hello!  My name is Avril and I have a blog called Baking and Creating with Avril.  I started this blog a little over a year ago when I found myself addicted to surfing all the amazing food blogs out there in blog land.  I have always had a love and passion for food - making it, creating it and serving it to those that I love and adore.  I find myself (unfortunately for my waist line) radiating towards recipes that are baked goodies. Any type of recipe that is for a cake, cookie, bar, brownie or pie makes my eyes light up with happiness.  Crazy I know!  But I am almost 100% sure that there are many of you like me in the same boat....the "Dessert Boat" of life I will call it.

I was absolutely honored that Maranda asked me to be a guest blogger for her fabulous blog.  I have met so many wonderful, wonderful fellow bloggers through my journey as a food blogger.  I consider them my friends and companions even though many (if not ALL) of the amazing people that I've met in the past year or so through my blog I have yet to actually meet in person.  My dream is that one day I will have the opportunity to meet them in person.  :-)

Today I will be sharing with you a lovely brownie recipe that I found on another food blog called, Melissa's Cuisine.  This baked treat is called Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies....scrumptious!


These brownies are to die for d'lish!  Very easy to put together and just perfect for this up and coming season of BBQ's as it has a fun layer of marshmallows lightly roasted ontop.  The recipe uses a box brownie mix but of course you can substitute your favorite "made from scratch" brownie recipe in place of the box mix if you so wish.

Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownies
(recipe from Melissa's Cuisine - such a great source of yummy recipes!)
Brownie Layer Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix (9x13 size)

1/4 cup oil

1/4 water

2 eggs

Peanut Butter Layer Ingredients:

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/4 cup flour

2 eggs

Topping:

1 cup mini marshmallows

Directions:

1. Grease a 9x13 pan.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

2. In a medium bowl combine brownie mix, oil, water and eggs. Pour batter into prepared 9x13 pan.

3. Next in a small bowl combine sugar, PB, flour and eggs.  Mix all together until fluffy...about 2 minutes.

4. Drop PB mixture onto brownie batter by the spoonfuls.  With a butter knife gently swirl PB dollops into brownie bater.  Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes, or until brownie is done.

5. Cool brownie for 10 minutes and then carefully sprinkle mini marshmallows ontop of baked brownie.  Turn broiler on and place pan of brownies under it for just about 1 minute to gently toast marshmallow layer - WATCH VERY CAREFULLY so as to make sure that marshmallows do NOT burn.

6. Cool and then cut.  A good tip that Melissa suggested for cutting the brownies is to wet the knife with water before cutting into brownies, it will keep the marshmallows from sticking to the knife.

Of course then you may have to do the same with your fork if you choose to eat the brownies with a fork......


Such a yummy treat!


Enjoy....and Happy Marshmallow Peanut Butter Brownie Baking! 

Related Posts with Thumbnails