Monday, September 20, 2010

Santa Fe Corn and Black Bean Salsa


Do you know what I find to be completely ridiculous?? The fact that it's the end of September and it's still 90 degrees outside! I mean...does that happen? Really?? Well, obviously!

The problem is that I spent the last 5 or so years in Upstate New York. It is a different country up there for sure. Up there they have four seasons like the rest of the world except the seasons are different. Upstate New York's four seasons are: winter, deep winter, still winter and construction.

So being in a new state that has a lengthy summer is incredible to me. But I will make do with what I have and continue to enjoy yummy summer foods.

I am a lover of salsa. I have my go to salsa recipe for every day use. But sometimes there are occasions that call for something a bit more special. Enter in this Santa Fe Corn and Black Bean salsa. My mother in law found this recipe a while back and shared it with me. I believe it came from a Costco magazine. I'm sure many people have their own recipe but this is the one I use. So let's make some.


Ingredients: 1 can black beans, 1 can whole kernel corn, 1 can diced tomatoes, red onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, lime juice, cilantro and not pictured here: garlic salt.


First up! Drain and rinse your black beans...


And toss them in a bowl.


Drain the corn...


Toss it in the bowl with the black beans.


Drain the diced tomatoes...


And toss those in the bowl as well.


Dice the onion...


And toss it in the bowl with the rest.


Chop up the cilantro.


And, you guessed it! Toss it in the bowl!


Dice up your bell pepper.


Toss that into the bowl as well.


Now it's time to prepare the jalapeno, if you're into that kind of thing. Chop off both ends of that bad boy and slice it in half.


Take a spoon and scrape out the seeds and membranes from inside the jalapeno.


Now dice up the jalapeno...


And throw it in the bowl! Opa!!!!


Cut the limes in half...


And squeeze the bajeebus out of them and let all that juice rain down on the veggie mixture.


And finally! Take a spoon and mix it all together. Right before serving, add the garlic salt to taste.


Taste you say?? I don't mind if I do. Enjoy!

Santa Fe Corn and Black Bean Salsa

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:
  • 1 (15-oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained.
  • 1 (15 ¼-oz) can whole kernel corn, drained.
  • 1 (14 ½-oz) can diced tomatoes, drained.
  • Juice of 2 limes.
  • 1/4 cup diced red onions.
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro.
  • 1/2 bell pepper, diced.
  • 1-2 Tablespoons minced jalapeno (to taste).
  • Garlic salt (to taste).
Directions:
  1. Combine all ingredients, salt to taste.
Related Posts with Thumbnails