Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Fitness, Shoes and Cake!

Today was another one of those good/bad days. It had some good...it had some bad.

Got up this morning and made my cake for tonight's class. My stepmom had bought me a "decadent carrot cake" to make this time. It's a boxed cake but it comes with a pouch of carrots and raisins that you add into the cake mix.

After my cake was done I helped my stepmom make hers and I went to jump on the treadmill. One of my challenges from my JM buddy for this week is to do 21 miles of walking/jogging. I was able to get in 4.5 miles yesterday and 4.5 miles today. I only have 5 days to fit in all these miles because I'm leaving on Friday evening.

While I was on the treadmill my newest pair of ShoeDazzle shoes came! They are super cute and the first pair of flats I've ordered from them.

After my workout and shower we got a phone call from the cake decorating instructor letting us know our cake class was canceled because of flash flood and tornado warnings. Needless to say, I was pretty bummed. I am especially disheartened because they've moved the final class to Monday and I'm leaving Friday. The instructor is going to stay after class with me and give me my certificate of completion on Thursday though. I'm a self learner anyway so I'm sure I'll be fine.

My stepmom and I sat around kind of sad for a while. We decided we would go ahead and exchange gifts tonight. We also started talking about the carrot cake I had sitting on the stove. My stepmom mentioned that we should go get some cream cheese frosting and just have the cake tonight and make another one before Thursday's class. Well, I jumped on the computer and looked up a recipe and made home made cream cheese frosting. I also had some leftover spiced nuts from my holiday care packages and we decided to decorate the cake with those.

Here's how it turned out:


I didn't try any of the cake but my dad said it was good.

We did our gift exchange this evening. I gave my dad some Denver Broncos stuff, my stepmom a professional cake decorating book, and my stepbro a Visa giftcard. Lily received a huge dollhouse that is bigger than her and a snowman snow globe that plays music. They gave me a 20 piece set of cake decorating tips, a creme brulee torch, and 8 ramekins. I'm so excited to make an oatmeal creme brulee I found the recipe for a while back. My parental units even thought of Otty and his gift is sitting wrapped over there by the fire place. I know what it is and I'm very excited and jealous about it but I can't post it here because I never know if he'll read this or not.

So here I am now, wide awake. I should be doing some exercises because I have a bunch I need to do. I'm supposed to at least do 8 minutes of lunges (each leg) and 100 donkey kicks today. Let's not talk about all the rest of the stuff. So far I've done 8 minutes of lunges total (4 on each leg) and 75 donkey kicks. I'll knock out the donkey kicks easily but the lunges are another story. I'll get them done. Don't worry.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thank you for stopping by my blog today- I appreciate it!

    I'm sorry you'll be missing your final Wilton class, I'd be bummed too. Are you making roses for that class? Those are a little tough, but I'm sure with a little practice you'll do well.

    Good luck with all those exercises and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read so many articles or reviews regarding the blogger lovers but this paragraph is genuinely a
    good post, keep it up.

    Here is my web blog - diets that Really work

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love hearing from my readers so please leave me a comment! I can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails