Sunday, April 3, 2011

It's a Party! I'll Bring Dessert!

Ultimate Blog Party 2011

Hi! My name is Maranda.

I've never participated in a blog party before but this one seemed fun.

I am Wiffle to The Hubble. I am mommy to Little Butt and incubator for Baby N (I'm 20 weeks pregnant).

I am an Army Brat turned Army wife.

I am a literature enthusiast, coffee addict, self-proclaimed foodie, obsessed baker, and all around nut case.

I have always had a love of food.

Once upon a time, if you can believe it, I was an insanely picky eater.

I would sit at the dining room table until everyone else went to bed because I refused to eat my vegetables. (I still don't eat my vegetables, but now I'm in charge!)

I used to sit, as a little girl, and watch my grandma cook. I would sit in her tiny kitchen for hours and hours. When she died, my love of cooking died with her.

It got to the point that I would cook nothing...ever.

I was a good cook, I just hated doing it.

Until my daughter was born. For some reason that (and the fact that I read Julie & Julia by Julie Powell) ignited some long dormant spark in me.

I began cooking again. I began experimenting and trying different foods. I fell in love with food all over again.

I started blogging as a way to help my older sister (who was not blessed with the cooking gene) feel more comfortable in the kitchen. I posted simple pictures and instructions for her (and people like her) to follow.

Since then, my sister has started cooking and she's so proud of herself (as am I!!).

I've considered, from time to time, getting away from the instructional pictures...but then I think "maybe there are more people out there like my sister who need the pictures." So they stay.

You can easily find the "popular posts" over on the right hand sidebar.

Some of my personal favorite recipes have been:



The Hubble most often asks for:


(With shredded chicken inside because he can't possibly eat a meal without meat).

The most beloved meal that we HAVE to make for company are these:


And, of course, Little Butt's favorite thing that I make are these:


If you want to know more about me and the fam, head on over to the behind the scenes look at Jolts & Jollies. Otherwise, grab a cup of coffee (or tea, if you're into that kind of thing) and prepare to keep shouting at your rumbling tummy to quiet down! 

I look forward to getting to know you!
Related Posts with Thumbnails