Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Asian Marinated Salmon with Grilled Pineapple


I feel like all I've been doing lately is rushing around.

With Little Butt starting Pre-K last week and having a new baby with his own appointments, I kind of have been running around constantly.

So please forgive me for this amazingly short post today!

Also, these pictures aren't the best...but I couldn't NOT share this salmon.

I actually don't eat a lot of fish, but my mother in law was really craving seafood so I decided to throw this together for her.

This was actually the first time I had ever grilled salmon. Luckily, it turned out amazing. My mother in law even went back for more. AND she said I need to give my father in law this recipe. LOL!

Sorry I didn't get more pictures, I was in a hurry. LOL!

But even though this may not look the best and I don't have a ton of snapshots, you should still make this dish!


This dish is super easy. You mix up your marinade ingredients, toss in the salmon and let it marinate in the fridge for about an hour.

Remove the salmon and toss it on the grill. Grill up the pineapple. Take the remaining marinade and throw it in a saucepan and heat over medium high heat until it is reduced to a glaze.


Serve it up and enjoy!!! I think the only thing that would make this even better is if you took that grilled pineapple and made a salsa out of it! YUM!

Asian Marinated Salmon with Grilled Pineapple

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 pound salmon
  • 1 (20 oz) can pineapple slices in 100% juice, juice drained and reserved
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:

  1. In a small mixing bowl, combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, soy sauce and ground ginger until well combined.
  2. Place salmon in sealable container, pour marinade over fish. Refrigerate for about an hour.
  3. Place salmon onto hot grill, grill pan or skillet, skin side down (reserve remaining marinade). Cook until the edges of the fish become a whitish color. Flip salmon and cook until done.
  4. Place reserved marinade into a small saucepan and heat over medium high heat for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is thickened into a glaze.
  5. Grill pineapple slices until heated and grill lines appear.
  6. Serve salmon topped with glaze and pineapple slices.
  7. Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails