Recently I found out that I have been making cinnamon toast wrong for my entire life. I have always been in the school of people who would toast my bread in a toaster oven, pull it out hot, butter it, then sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar. My older sister actually craves my cinnamon toast. We have never seen a problem with it.
Then Then Pioneer Woman posted about the right (and wrong) way to make cinnamon toast and I was alerted to the fact that my way of making cinnamon toast was not only the WRONG way but apparently also the WAY GROSS way of doing it. So I figured...let me try hers and see what she's talking about.
Oh my. I can't believe how wrong I have been!!! How could I have ever thought my measly cinnamon toast was anything compared to the heavenly pieces I was able to make today! I had asked The Hubble earlier in the day if he wanted some and he said no. Just as I was taking it out of the oven he came upstairs and said it smelled like cinnamon and sugar. I showed him the piece as I took a bite. All I could do was stare at him and chew. There were no words. I reluctantly offered him a bite and he took a cautious nibble. He looked at me with surprise in his eyes and quickly took a manly (i.e. HUGE) bite. He then stole a piece of my cinnamon toast and ran. My Little Monster saw this and asked for a bite as well. After I gave her a bite she took the rest of the piece out of my hand as she danced away singing about how much she liked it. I stood in the kitchen in shock for a few moments then quickly called my older sister and told her she must make this cinnamon toast NOW. Do you want some too???
Sorry, mine is gone. But I highly encourage you to run to your kitchen and make this cinnamon toast right this very minute. The recipe makes a huge batch but I made the amount of butter stuff the recipe called for and only made a few pieces. The rest will be kept in my fridge until I eat it all. Then, I will have to replace it. I will always need the makings for this in my kitchen. Must. Have. Cinnamon. Toast!!!
The Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Toast
Retrieved from The Pioneer Woman
- 16 slices Bread (whole Wheat Is Great!)
- 2 sticks Salted Butter, Softened
- 1 cup Sugar (more To Taste)
- 3 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract (more To Taste)
- ⅛ teaspoons Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Smush softened butter with a fork. Dump in sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and nutmeg, if using. Stir to completely combine.
- Spread on slices of bread, completely covering the surface all the way to the edges.
- Place toast on a cookie sheet. Place cookies sheet into the oven and bake for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler and broil until golden brown and bubbling. Watch so it won’t burn!
- Remove from oven and cut slices into halves diagonally.
- Serve and enjoy!!!!