Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pistachio Almond Ice Cream Bread


Today I want to share with you one of the most versatile, easy and awesome recipes I've found to date!

I'm all about the easy stuff lately since I'm ready to pop pretty much any day now.

I still have this need to bake, but I can't be on my feet for too long or I get way tired.

So easy recipes like this are freaking awesome! 

I made my first ice cream bread about a month or two ago and I absolutely fell in love.

See...ice cream bread has 2 required ingredients. Ice cream and self rising flour. Yup...that's it!

The flavors are absolutely endless! 

The first time I made it, I used vanilla ice cream and threw in cinnamon chips, coconut and a praline topping. Yes. It was as delicious as it sounds.

My niece has made pumpkin with white chocolate chips and pecans. She also recently made butter pecan ice cream bread.

I think my next ice cream bread will be with coffee ice cream, chocolate chunks and almonds. But I have to have this baby first. LOL!!

Today I'm sharing my current favorite ice cream. Pistachio almond! I love how the bread is green because of the ice cream. However, I forgot I had wanted to sprinkle the top of the bread with cinnamon sugar because I love getting this ice cream in the cinnamon sugar waffle cones. YUM!

So. What kind of ice cream do you love? What are your ideas for making your own ice cream bread? 

Let me show you how easy it is:


Put your flour, semi melted ice cream and any mix ins in a medium mixing bowl. Stir it up until just incorporated.


Pour the "batter" into a prepared 8x4 inch (I only had a 9x5 inch) loaf pan. Bake it up until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.


Let it cool then slice it up and enjoy!! 

Now go forth and create!!! 


Ice Cream Bread


Ingredients:
  • 1 pint (2 cups) semi melted ice cream (any flavor of choice)
  • 1 1/2 cups self rising flour
  • Assorted mix ins of your choice
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x4 or 9x5 inch loaf pan with baking spray.
  2. Stir together flour, ice cream and mix ins in a medium mixing bowl until just combined.
  3. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  4. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (there may be a few crumbs), about 40-45 minutes.
  5. Allow to cool in the pan about 10 minutes. Transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
  6. Slice, serve and enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails