Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Guest Post: Lick the Bowl Good

Today I have a really special treat for you! It's Monica from Lick the Bowl Good!

Monica is always baking or cooking up something that is absolutely mouthwatering.

I am one lucky girl at this point. Last week, I had the pleasure of getting to meet Monica!


Monica helped me realize that I have no pictures of myself on my blog...so there ya go!

This lady is so sweet. And a ton of fun.

I found myself wanting to hang out with her every day until we left Austin.

Alas, I had family and other friends to visit while we were in town so we only got to hang out for one afternoon.

But I'm more than happy to have had even that small amount of time with her.

Luckily, I still have her blog to visit. And so do you!

Monica is sharing an incredible recipe with us today. After you read this post you should head over to Monica's blog and show her as much love as she puts into her recipes and posts.

Thanks again Monica, not only for this wonderful guest post but also for a great afternoon. I hope we have many more to come!


Hello Jolts and Jollies fans! I am Monica from Lick The Bowl Good and I am happy to be here guest posting on Maranda's blog. I "met" Maranda several months back- she was a loyal reader of my blogs and commented occasionally, but I didn't really know who she was. Then one day, she emailed me and introduced herself to me. She was so genuine and nice and we became instant blog buddies. We emailed back and forth and found out that she's from Texas and her family and I lived in the same town! How crazy is that?


Over the past few months, I've gotten to know Maranda better and I realize she likes her coffee just as much as I do. I've shared this recipe on my blog before, but I know she'd love them, so here they are again! They're loaded with butter and instant coffee/espresso, but they're light and tender and they melt in your mouth. It doesn't seem possible, but it's true. These muffins are studded with chocolate chips which adds a bit of sweetness and compliments the coffee flavor very nicely.



This recipe makes quite a bit of muffins, but it can easily be halved. Or make the full batch and freeze them in Ziploc bags, like I did. Take one or two out, thaw or nuke 'em for about 20 seconds to bring them to room temperature. They're perfect every time.

Thank you Maranda for asking me to be a guest blogger on Jolts & Jollies. I hope you and your readers will enjoy these caffeinated beauties. They're sure to put a "jolt" in your step :-)





Coffee Chocolate Chip Muffins from LTBG
Printer Friendly Version
Beat at high speed in a large bowl until fluffy:

  • 3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) butter
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 brown sugar, packed
  • 2 large eggs
  • 5 tbsp instant espresso powder*
Sift in:

  • 4 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
At low speed add until just combined:
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
Scoop the batter into prepared muffin tins.
Bake at 350F for 20 - 25 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean.

Makes 24-28 muffins.



Related Posts with Thumbnails