Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Carrot Coconut Muffins


I don't really know what I was going to say for this post earlier...but now all I can think about is my aching ankle and knee.

See...I feel like I'm on the run all the time now.

Baby N's doctor found a mass in his neck last week. We went for a scan and it is not cancerous, thank goodness!

He has something called Torticollis. Basically, the muscle on one side of his neck is bunched up and is preventing him from being able to turn to the left (the reference to Zoolander does not escape me here). With the Torticollis he needs physical therapy at least once a week and I have to do neck stretches with him several times a day.

Then there is the whole running Little Butt to and from school thing. I'm not ready to let her ride the bus yet (even though she really wants to look all around inside) so I've been taking her and picking her up.

Today, I was taking her to school and carrying Baby N in his carseat/carrier thing and my left ankle found a hole in the ground. I twisted my ankle really good and scraped up my right knee. Blah!! I also kind of landed on the baby...but he's fine!

Poor Little Butt was so traumatized though! Mommy's are NOT supposed to get hurt. She cried and cried until her teacher took her inside. I'm still not sure if she has stopped crying...poor thing.

Anyway, since I'm on the run constantly nowadays it helps to have quick and lower fat options for breakfast. These muffins really do the trick for me. I mean, you dump some stuff in a bowl, stir it up and bake it! Easy peasy!

This recipe is basically doctored up muffin mix. But it is so worth it. If you are not averse to using boxed cake mix then you will be totally cool with making these muffins. They are too easy and delicious not to make them!

Here's what you do:


Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl until combined.


Spoon the batter into the muffin pan until each one is about 2/3 full. And bake! Let them cool when they come out of the oven.


Serve and enjoy!!

Apple Cinnamon Carrot Coconut Muffins


Ingredients:
  • 1 (19oz) box apple cinnamon muffin mix (I used Duncan Hines)
  • 4 (4oz) jars organic carrot baby food puree
  • 1 cup shredded coconut
  • 1/4 cup apple juice
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a muffin pan with baking spray.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients until combined.
  3. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin cup about 2/3 full.
  4. Bake until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean (there will be a few crumbs), about 20-25 minutes.
  5. Cool in the pan on a cooling rack about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely.
  6. Serve and enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails