Thursday, May 12, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta


Okay guys.

Are you ready for the best pasta I've ever made???

Because this stuff was good.

And not just good...but GEWD!!!

I recently joined Foodbuzz's Featured Publisher program and was excited when I received my first Foodbuzz Tastemaker email.

The email was about Tyson® Grilled & Ready® frozen, prepared chicken or beef.

I wracked my brain for a couple weeks (while we were moving) as to what I would make for this program.

To be honest, I made a different dish first. But after throwing together this dish a night or two later (and tasting how delicious it was!) the consensus with me and my family was that this is the dish I should post.

This dish is super easy and amazingly good.

Now let me tell you about the Tyson® Grilled & Ready®. It's actually pretty awesome.

The Hubble was suspicious about the whole thing and didn't think it would taste like real meat. But it does. It's fantastic to have on hand (I'm buying another bag on our next grocery trip) for those weeknight dinners when you just need to throw some stuff together and feed people quickly.

Okay. On to today's dish. Which you seriously will NOT want to miss.

Remember this pesto we made on Monday??


We are going to need that. We are going to use a couple cups of that and turn it into a pasta sauce. YUM!!

This is literally beyond any pasta dish I've made yet. And every person who has tasted it agrees that it trumps the meal I made for the Tastemaker program previously.

So let's get cooking...


Spray your skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat it over medium-high heat. Now toss in your onion and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.


Toss in your Tyson Grilled & Ready diced chicken and heat until cooked through, 3-5 minutes.


Now dump in your pesto...


And cream. Stir it all up and heat it until warmed through. Add garlic salt to taste.


Toss the sauce over your prepared noodles until the noodles are all coated. Serve it up with some garlic bread (and extra grated Parmesan on top if you like). Enjoy!!!

As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received a coupon for free Tyson® Grilled & Ready®. But the thoughts provided are my own.

Roasted Red Pepper Pesto Pasta

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 1 small onion, diced
  • 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
  • 2 cups Tyson Grilled & Ready diced chicken
  • 2 cups roasted red pepper pesto
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • Linguini noodles
  • garlic salt, to taste
  • grated Parmesan (optional)
Directions:
  1. Prepare pasta as per directions on the package.
  2. Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
  3. Saute garlic and onion in skillet until tender, about 5 minutes.
  4. Add Tyson Grilled & Ready diced chicken until cooked through, about 3-5 minutes.
  5. Add pesto and heavy cream, heat until warm.
  6. Add garlic salt to taste.
  7. Toss over linguini, making sure pasta is fully coated with sauce.
  8. Top with grated Parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails