Friday, September 10, 2010

Serret's Infamous Crockpot Chicken



Do you ever have those days where you are just run down and don't want to stand in the kitchen for hours making an elaborate meal?? Yeah. Me too.

Eight years ago, The Hubble and I had wedding showers galore. During one of these wedding showers we received a big ol' crockpot. Over the years, the only thing I've ever used that crockpot for was to keep my queso warm after I cooked it. Nice right??

Well, one day I was on Facebook and my friend Serret polled her friends to see if anyone would be interested in a couple crockpot recipes she had thrown together. I immediately jumped on with a big "yes, please!"

Serret went on to explain that her infamous crockpot chicken has been served at several dinner parties. Her guests would devour the dish and ask for more.

When I looked at the recipe and saw how easy it was (that and the fact that it was a ton of cheese, with some chicken thrown in) I ran to the store to get the ingredients. Serret is not wrong. This dish was delicious! The Hubble, Little Butt and I really enjoyed it and now that I'm typing this, I'm thinking I'm going to have to make it again soon. Luckily the air is turning crisp and I can feel the chill coming so I will have yet another excuse to break out the crockpot again!

I asked Serret if I could share her recipe with you as well and she said yes! So here it is:


Ingredients: 2 packages chicken breast tenderloins, 2 cans nacho cheese soup, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, 1 box rotini pasta and 1 stick of butter. Easy right??


Start by laying out your chicken tenderloins and sprinkling them with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. You control how much you put on them. This is what mine looked like when I was done.

NOTE: I did not trim anything off these tenderloins but when they were finished cooking I realized I should have cut off the piece of white stuff at the top of the tenderloin. I think it's a fatty piece or gristle or something...but you should definitely cut them off. It's much easier at the end. Trust me.


After the chicken is seasoned to your liking, dump it in your crockpot.


Then dump in the cans of nacho cheese soup.

 

Stir it all up and make sure the chicken is well covered with the cheese soup. Now cover and cook on low for about 6-8 hours. 
I cooked mine on low for the 6 hours then turned it up for another 1/2 hour to hour. It looked like this when finished cooking.
When the chicken is nice and tender, take two forks and shred it. We wanted ours pretty chunky so I just broke up the chicken into pieces.


At this point you want to cook your rotini as per the directions on the package. When the pasta is done cooking, drain it and melt a stick of butter in the pasta.


Then sprinkle it with a bit of salt and pepper.
Serve the noodles in a bowl, topped with the cheesy chicken and you have yourself a darn good, super easy meal that everyone in the family will enjoy (even those who don't like cheese: i.e. The Hubble).

Serret's Infamous Crockpot Chicken
Ingredients:
  • 2 packages chicken breast tenderloins
  • 2 can nacho cheese soup
  • garlic powder, to taste
  • onion powder, to taste
  • salt, to taste
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1 package rotini pasta
  • 1 stick butter
Directions:
  1. Trim fat off chicken.
  2. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder; place in crockpot.
  3. Add nacho cheese soup making sure chicken is well covered.
  4. Cover and cook in crockpot on low 6-8 hours until thoroughly cooked.
  5. When chicken is finished fully cooked, shred with two forks.
  6. Cook rotini as per directions on package; drain.
  7. Melt butter over rotini and coat well; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
  8. Serve chicken mixture over rotini.
  9. Enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails