Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar 2010 party Up cake

Last night we had an Oscar party at my friend Wendy's house. She hosts this party every year. The menu is always themed toward the movies that were nominated. Naturally I took it upon myself to make an "Up" themed cake for the party. It was a chocolate cake (from a box mix) because Kevin loves chocolate. I made a buttercream frosting for the cake and balloons. The house is made out of fondant. This was my first time working with fondant. I guess it came out okay, though I wish the house looked a bit better.




1 comment:

  1. Are you crazy? You're house looks terrifc! Definitely a GREAT first time job working with fondant!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I love hearing from my readers so please leave me a comment! I can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails