Saturday, December 12, 2009

Cranberry Macadamia Biscotti

I made these cranberry macadamia biscotti that I got from the Joy of Baking website.



Ingredients:

2/3 cup (135 grams) granulated white sugar

2 large eggs

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 3/4 cups (245 grams) all-purpose flour

1/2 cup (60 grams) shelled, unsalted pistachios, coarsely chopped (I used macadamia nuts, I didn't get the red and green but I prefer macadamia to pistachio)

1/2 cup (75 grams) dried cranberries or cherries (after the first batch I felt that 1/2 cup was not enough and I added a 1/4 cup more)

Directions:


With electric/hand mixer, beat sugar and eggs on high until pale, thick, and fluffy (about 5 minutes). Be careful not to accidentally turn on the hand mixer when pulling it out of the mix because it tends to splatter the walls. Beat in vanilla extract. In separate bowl whisk together baking powder, salt, and flour. Add to egg mixture. Fold in nuts and cranberries.


Transfer dough onto parchment lined baking sheet and form into a log. Dough is sticky, dampening hands helps. Log should be about 12 inches (30 cm) long and 3 1/2 inches (9 cm) wide.


Bake at 350 degrees F for 25 minutes. Dough should be firm. Let cool on wire rack for about 10 minutes.


Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees F. Cut into 3/4 inch (2 cm) slices. Place biscotti cut side down on baking sheet and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven, flip over, and cook for another 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool and serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! I love hearing from my readers so please leave me a comment! I can't wait to hear from you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails