Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Nutella No-Bake Cookies



Today is my baby boy's birthday. He is one year old.


It is crazy to me how fast this year has flown by! One year ago today, I had no idea what was in store for me. See, I wasn't expecting to have a boy. Not when I got pregnant anyway. I thought for sure I would have another girl. I believed Little Butt needed a little sister.



After a few months I started to have doubts about having a girl. I wasn't sure the baby was a girl but I wouldn't come out and say I thought it was a boy. I just kept insisting I wasn't sure it was a girl. When I found out for sure the baby was a boy, I cried. I had no idea what to do with a boy! I mean, boys bring bugs!


After a year of getting to know this little guy, I am completely smitten. He has such a funny personality. He is truly a goofball and I can already see him being voted class clown. He has a huge smile with just one dimple. It's absolutely insane how swiftly and completely he won me over.

My only complaint is that he is not easy to bake around. He gets into EVERYTHING. He is so curious that he rarely sits still. He hates to be strapped down for very long so sticking him in his highchair while I bake or cook is nearly impossible. He must be moving.

Enter in the perfect cookie. No-bake cookies are a busy mom's best friend. I got this recipe from my BFF. This recipe is always a crowd pleaser and takes about 15 minutes to throw together. All you need is a couple hours in advance to let them cool.

Let's [no] bake!


In a saucepan, combine your milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and butter. While stirring constantly, bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to boil, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes.


Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla and Nutella until melted and well combined.


Quickly stir in the oats until evenly coated.


Immediately drop the mixture in 2 Tablespoon dollops onto parchment or waxed paper. Allow to cool completely.


Serve and enjoy!!


Nutella No-Bake Cookies

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup natural unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup Nutella
  • 3 cups old fashion oats
Directions:
  1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat combine the butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa powder.
  2. While stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.
  3. Reduce heat to medium low and, stirring continuously, allow to boil for 3 minutes.
  4. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and Nutella and mix until well combined.
  5. Quickly stir in the oats until evenly coated and mixture is thoroughly mixed.
  6. Immediately drop the mixture in 2 Tablespoon dollops onto parchment or waxed paper.
  7. Allow to cool completely.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
Related Posts with Thumbnails