Thursday, February 9, 2012

Crispy Roasted Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts



If you know me, you know that I am not really a vegetable person.

In fact, for a time, I refused to eat anything green. Or blue...but that's a different story.

I have come to realize lately that my claim of despising veggies is not really accurate.

I happen to really enjoy veggies...as long as they are made properly.

If you roast a vegetable, I am all in!!

I have tried tossing my broccoli in bread crumbs before I roast it, so I decided one day to throw some brussels sprouts in there too. This is now my favorite way to eat them!

And they are SOOOO easy!!

These veggies make a great side dish or an awesome afternoon snack.

Let's cook!


Toss your florets and sprouts in some olive oil, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese.

Place the veggies in a single layer on a baking sheet. Roast them up!


Serve and enjoy!!!

You can't get better, or easier, than that!!!


Crispy Roasted Broccoli and Brussels Sprouts

Printer Friendly Version

Ingredients:

  • 1 pound broccoli florets
  • 1 pound brussels sprouts
  • 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
  • 1 Tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
  • 3 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. In a large bowl, toss broccoli and brussels sprouts in olive oil until well coated.
  3. In a separate, small bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese. Add mixture to vegetables and toss to coat.
  4. Arrange vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
  5. Place in oven and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and edges are starting to brown, about 20 minutes.
  6. Remove from oven, serve, and enjoy!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails