Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Operation Layla Bake Sale



When I first moved up to NY I, of course, didn't know anyone but The Hubble.

My first day of work, I was confronted by this girl Chrissy.

She had heard that I was moving up there, was going to be working at that store and that my husband was in the military.

She was dating a guy in the military and we started talking about our experiences.

Chrissy and I became FAST friends. And not just friends, we were CLOSE.

This woman, that I am so proud to know, was always full of laughter, love and life. Her very soul exuded radiance. She was beautiful and had the most vibrant personality. It was no wonder I fell in love with her almost immediately.

Chrissy was there for me in my lowest moments.

She was the one who came to sit by my side when The Hubble deployed for the first time. She ordered me pizza and answered the door when the delivery person came knocking. She checked on my constantly.


She was also the first (and only one of two) person to visit me in the hospital when Little Butt was born.

Chrissy was diagnosed with PCOS (poly cystic ovarian syndrome). She went from having one of the biggest and brightest personalities to being quiet and demure.

She was quiet all the time.

You could tell she was often on the verge of tears from the pain she was constantly feeling.

Chrissy had to go through several surgeries to remove cysts on her ovaries.

She missed a TON of work.

Needless to say, our boss was none too happy about that.

But what could be done?? She was in constant pain and needed the medical procedures and time off.

Luckily, Chrissy was a full time employee and had insurance coverage.

When I first heard of Layla and read her story I knew I needed to help in any way that I could.

Layla's story reminded me too much of my beloved Chrissy. Although Layla does not have the insurance nor the funds to cover the surgery that she desperately needs.

Some ladies on twitter decided to take Layla's situation into their own hands and an online bake sale was born!

I was asked if I wanted to contribute something and, of course, I said yes immediately.

So here is what I'm offering up for sale:



What are congo bars you ask?? They are cookies...with the texture of brownies!!! You can choose from either of these flavors, or create your own! Awesome right???

If you would like to read more about Layla's story, bid for my congo bars or see all the other amazing treats up for sale (there are 36 in total I believe), then head on over to the Operation Layla site!

Happy bidding!!
Related Posts with Thumbnails