Hi! How was your Thanksgiving??
Mine was good. My Baby Sis, the kids, and I drove 13 hours to Alabama to spend the holiday with my Dad. It was really nice and we had a great time. And, of course, the food was amazing!
Before I took off to the deep South, I was lucky enough to snag a couple cans of some cherry pie filling and some brownie mix to make this trifle.
Being part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program has given me so many opportunities to stretch my creativity in the kitchen and this time was no exception.
Through this program I was gifted with coupons for a Duncan Hines product and a can of Comstock-Wilderness fruit filling.
The BEST part about this program is that now, I get to give TWO lucky blog readers TWO coupons for Duncan Hines products! Check out the end of this post to find out how to enter to win!
Now, on to the good stuff.
I love trifles.
I think they are so easy to put together but that they transport your dessert into something spectacular. Most people think it takes me hours to make these desserts. But that isn't the case.
These flavors are perfect for a holiday dessert. And what's really cool about trifles is that you can also use the dessert as a centerpiece for your holiday table!
Let me show you how easy this is to make:
Bake up your brownies according to the package.
Mix up your cherry pie filling with the almond extract, set aside a 1/2 cup of the mixture. Mix the juice into the bowl.
Cut up your brownies into small cubes.
And chop up the majority of your chocolate bars.
Whisk together the pudding mix and milk until thick.
Then fold in the whipped topping.
Assemble your trifle.
Serve and enjoy!!
As part of the Foodbuzz Tastemaker Program, I received coupons from Duncan Hines and Comstock-Wilderness
Black Forest Trifle
Adapted from The Pampered Chef
Printer Friendly Version
- 1 (18-21 ounce) package brownie mix (plus ingredients to make cake-like brownies)
- 2 (1.55 ounce each) milk chocolate candy bars
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 1/2 cup cranberry-cherry juice
- 2 cups fat free milk
- 2 (3.4 ounce each) packages vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with baking spray.
- Make brownie mix according to package for cake like brownies. Spread into baking pan and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely.
- Invert brownies onto large cutting board and cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in refrigerator.
- Roughly chop 1 1/2 of the chocolate bars. Reserve the other 1/2 for garnish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cherry pie filling and almond extract. Remove 1/2 cup to use for garnish.
- Stir the juice into remaining pie filling mixture.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until thickened.
- Fold in the whipped topping until no white streaks are left.
- Assemble the trifle: place half of the brownie cubes into the bottom of a trifle bowl. Top with half the cherry pie filling mixture. Top with half the whipped topping mixture. Repeat for another layer. Top trifle with the reserved 1/2 cup of the cherry pie mixture. Using a vegetable peeler, peel off chocolate shavings onto the top of the trifle.
- Refrigerate trifle for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy!
THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED
TWO winners will EACH win TWO coupons from Dunan Hines
1. Go to Duncan Hines website and tell me what you will make with your winnings.
2. "Like" Duncan Hines on Facebook
3. Follow @RealDuncanHines on Twitter
4. Follow Jolts & Jollies through Google Friend Connect or RSS Feed.
5. "Like" Jolts & Jollies on Facebook
6. Follow @mannadonn on Twitter
7. Tweet the following: "I entered to win a giveaway with @mannadonn and @RealDuncanHines" and include a link of this post.
That's it! SEVEN ways to enter!! This giveaway will end on Monday, December 5th at midnight CST and the winner will be announced Tuesday, December 6th. Good Luck!!